How to confirm, if your PC supports h/w virtualization ?
- Download and run - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=592
- For more - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/support/configure-bios.aspx
- egrep -c ‘(svm|vmx)’ /proc/cpuinfo
- A 0 indicates that your CPU doesn’t support hardware virtualization, while a 1 or more indicates that it does. You may still have to enable hardware virtualization support in your computer’s BIOS, even if this command returns a 1 or more.
- For more - http://virt-tools.org/learning/check-hardware-virt/
To enable h/w virtualization through BIOS,
- Boot into the BIOS.
- Check the Enable Intel Virtualization Technology checkbox under virtualization support.